Bridge Erection Monster Machine
This is just an amazing machine. The Bridge Erection Monster Machine has a very good name. This monster machine is extremely innovative and cuts the time immensely to build a bridge. Imagine the supply chain to build this machine.
This is what came from Youtube: A bridge needs to be built, so time to bust out the cranes, right? Not so fast, a Chinese company has built a machine that has a creative way of setting girders into place.
The SLJ900/32, made by the Beijing Wowjoint Machinery Company, is a 580 ton, 300 foot long and 24 foot wide mega machine that looks more like a train than a crane and acts a lot like a Stretch Armstrong action figure. Instead of using a stationary or crawler crane to lift the girder of a bridge from the ground and drop it into its place, the SLJ900/32 drives the girder onto the previously placed girder, slowly extends its arms to the next support platform, pushes the girder towards the front of the machine and then lowers it into place.
- “There’s no good idea that cannot be improved on.” ~ Michael Eisner
- “The ultimate creative thinking technique is to think like God. If you’re an atheist, pretend how God would do it.” ~ Frank Lloyd Wright
- “Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.” ~ General George Patton
- “There’s always an element of chance and you must be willing to live with that element. If you insist on certainty, you will paralyze yourself.” ~ J.P. Getty
- “You can have brilliant ideas, but if you can’t get them across, your ideas won’t get you anywhere.” ~ Lee Iacocca
- “Capital isn’t so important in business. Experience isn’t so important. You can get both these things. What is important is ideas. If you have ideas, you have the main asset you need, and there isn’t any limit to what you can do with your business and your life.” ~ Harvey Firestone