Toyota Supply Chain
Toyota Supply Chain is one of the best in the world. Toyota has long been benchmarked for their supply chain. Great video.
Toyota and Quality Quotes:
- “Make your workplace into showcase that can be understood by everyone at a glance. In terms of quality, it means to make the defects immediately apparent. In terms of quantity, it means that progress or delay, measured against the plan, and is made immediately apparent. When this is done, problems can be discovered immediately, and everyone can initiate improvement plans.” ~ Taiichi Ohno
- “For much of Toyota’s history, we have ensured the quality and reliability of our vehicles by placing a device called an andon cord on every production line – and empowering any team member to halt production if there’s an assembly problem. Only when the problem is resolved does the line begin to move again.” ~ Akio Toyoda
- “When consumers purchase a Toyota, they are not simply purchasing a car, truck or van. They are placing their trust in our company.” ~ Akio Toyoda
- “The key to the Toyota Way and what makes Toyota stand out is not any of the individual elements…But what is important is having all the elements together as a system. It must be practiced every day in a very consistent manner, not in spurts.” ~ Taiichi Ohno
- “We have to grasp not only the Know-How but also ‘Know Why’, if we want to master the Toyota Production System.” ~ Shigeo Shingo
- “Eighty-five percent of the reasons for failure are deficiencies in the systems and process rather than the employee. The role of management is to change the process rather than badgering individuals to do better.” ~ W. Edwards Deming
Supply Chain and Leadership Information.
- Agile Project Management with Kanban.
- Amazon’s Plan to Take On Alibaba – Global Shipping Plans.
- Lean, Kaizen, and Continuous Improvement.
- Lean Manufacturing – Lean Factory Tour.
- Omnichannel Retailing | The Digital Store of the Future.
- Smarter Supply Chains: Leveraging IoT and Big Data.
- Supply Chain Information and Resources.
- Takt Time, Cycle Time, Lead Time.
- Toyota Production System (TPS).
- Toyota Supply Chain Management.
- Two of the Keys to Walmart’s Success.
- What is Supply Chain Management, and should you major in it?