Mark Cuban: How I Became a Billionaire.
Fantastic video about how Mark Cuban became the person he is. Bloomberg Game Changers profiles Dallas Mavericks’ owner Mark Cuban. Mark Cuban is most known from being the dynamic owner of the Dallas Mavericks’ Basketball and his appearances on the television show series Shark Tank.
Mark Cuban Quotes:
A great assortment of Mark Cuban quotes. He has some great advice.
- “Work like there is someone working 24 hours a day to take it all away from you.” ~ Mark Cuban
- “What I’ve learned is that if you really want to be successful at something, you’ll find that you put the time in. You won’t just ask somebody if it’s a good idea, you’ll go figure out if it’s a good idea.” ~ Mark Cuban
- “A sure sign of failure for a startup is when someone sends me logo-embroidered polo shirts. If your people are at shows and in public, it’s okay to buy for your own employees, but if you really think people are going to wear your branded polo when they’re out and about, you are mistaken and have no idea how to spend your money.” ~ Mark Cuban
- “When you’ve got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001?” ~ Mark Cuban
- “Open offices keep everyone in tune with what is going on and keep the energy up. If an employee is about privacy, show him or her how to use the lock on the bathroom.” ~ Mark Cuban
- “It is so much easier to be nice, to be respectful, to put yourself in your customers’ shoes and try to understand how you might help them before they ask for help, than it is to try to mend a broken customer relationship.” ~ Mark Cuban
- “You’ve gotta be differentiated and unique. You’ve gotta know what your core competency is and be great at it.” ~ Mark Cuban Quotes
- “It doesn’t matter how many times you fail. It doesn’t matter how many times you almost get it right. No one is going to know or care about your failures, and neither should you. All you have to do is learn from them and those around you because all that matters in business is that you get it right once. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.” ~ Mark Cuban