Negotiation Skills are essential in procurement and everyday life as well. When purchasing a house or a car it is very important to have negotiations skills.
- My father said: ”You must never try to make all the money that’s in a deal. Let the other fellow make some money too, because if you have a reputation for always making all the money, you won’t have many deals.” ~ J. Paul Getty
- “The first principle of contract negotiations is don’t remind them of what you did in the past – tell them what you’re going to do in the future.” ~ Stan Musial
- “A sign that negotiations were handled well on both sides is that everybody probably feels a little bit like they didn’t get what they wanted.” ~ Christopher Lloyd
- “Let us never negotiate out of fear. But, let us never fear to negotiate.” ~ John F. Kennedy
- “The freedom of the city is not negotiable. We cannot negotiate with those who say, “What’s mine is mine and what’s yours is negotiable.” ~ John F. Kennedy
- “The fellow who says he’ll meet you halfway usually thinks he’s standing on the dividing line.” ~ Orlando A. Battista
More videos about negotiations and procurement – http://www.supplychaintoday.com/category/procurementnegotiations/