Supply Chain and Logistics Trends and Outlook
Matt Castle, Vice President, Global Forwarding Products and Services at C.H. Robinson sits down with Adrian Gonzalez, President of Adelante SCM to discuss major logistics trends anticipated for 2017 (Youtube).
Logistics and Supply Chain Training:
- A Brief History of Big Data.
- BASF Smart Supply Chain.
- Negotiation – from Stanford Graduate School of Business.
- Supply Chain Information and Resources.
- Supply Chain Inventory Optimization.
- Take Inside Look at Apple’s Supply Chain.
- The Role of Transportation in Logistics and Business.
- The Story of Steve Jobs and Tim Cook You Didn’t Know About.
- Toyota Production System (TPS).
Supply Chain Quotes
- “1. Increase Visibility. 2. Reduce Variability. These two activities encompass all layers of supply chain management.” ~SupplyChainToday.com.
- “Here are a few key supply chain trends you may want to research: Internet of Things (IoT), 3D Pringing, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI) , Deep Learning and Drones.” ~SupplyChainToday.com.
- “You want to be extra rigorous about making the best possible thing you can. Find everything that’s wrong with it and fix it. Seek negative feedback, particularly from friends.” ~ Elon Musk
- “You can have brilliant ideas, but if you can’t get them across, your ideas won’t get you anywhere.” ~ Lee Iacocca
- “Listen to anyone with an original idea, no matter how absurd it may sound at first. If you put fences around people, you get sheep. Give people the room they need.” ~ William McKnight, 3M President
- “Without change there is no innovation, creativity, or incentive for improvement. Those who initiate change will have a better opportunity to manage the change that is inevitable.” ~ William Pollard
- “Where there is no Standard there can be no Kaizen.” ~ Taiichi Ohno
- “I say an hour lost at a bottleneck is an hour out of the entire system. I say an hour saved at a non-bottleneck is worthless. Bottlenecks govern both throughput and inventory.” ~ Eliyahu M.Goldratt, The Goal