Apple Supply Chain Practices
Apple Supply Chain Practices have made Apple Inc. one of the top supply chain companies in the world. Many consider Apple as the best supply chain company.
- “We are the most focused company that I know of or have read of or have any knowledge of. We say no to good ideas every day. We say no to great ideas in order to keep the amount of things we focus on very small in number, so that we can put enormous energy behind the ones we do choose …..It’s not just saying yes to the right products, it’s saying no to many products that are good ideas, but just not nearly as good as other ones.” ~ Tim Cook, CEO Apple, Supply Chain Expert.
- “Our whole role in life is to give you something you didn’t know you wanted. And then once you get it, you can’t imagine your life without it. And you can count on Apple doing that.” ~ Tim Cook, Steve Jobs brought in Time Cook to improve the Apple Supply Chain.
- “Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… The ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… They push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ~ Steve Jobs, co-founder Apple Inc.
- “In many cases, jobs that used to be done by people are going to be able to be done through automation. I don’t have an answer to that. That’s one of the more perplexing problems of society.” ~ John Sculley, former CEO of Apple Computer.
- “Computers are magnificent tools for the realization of our dreams, but no machine can replace the human spark of spirit, compassion, love, and understanding.” ~ Louis Gerstner, former CEO of IBM.