Dominos Supply Chain
Explore what goes on to make your Dominos pizza. Maybe more than you expected.
Supply Chain Information.
- Caterpillar: How to build a $2 million tractor.
- Coca Cola Supply Chain.
- How Amazon Receives Your Inventory.
- How to Get a Job in Supply Chain Management.
- Negotiation – from Stanford Graduate School of Business.
- Saturday Morning Meeting: Amazon vs. Walmart.
- Take Inside Look at Apple’s Supply Chain.
- What is a Digital Supply Chain?
- What is Supply Chain Management?
Supply Chain Quotes
- “I say an hour lost at a bottleneck is an hour out of the entire system. I say an hour saved at a non-bottleneck is worthless. Bottlenecks govern both throughput and inventory.” ~ Eliyahu M. Goldratt, The Goal. Supply Chain Expert.
- “You will not find it difficult to prove that battles, campaigns, and even wars have been won or lost primarily because of logistics.” ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- “If you don’t have an essential item that puts people into chaos. What happens if the coffee runs out in the morning? Simple but you get the picture.” ~ Dave Waters. Supply Chain Expert.
- “If you think of standardization as the best that you know today, but which is to be improved tomorrow; you get somewhere.” ~ Henry Ford, founder Ford Motor Company. The assembly line changed supply chain.
- “All we are doing is looking at the time line, from the moment the customer gives us an order to the point when we collect the cash. And we are reducing the time line by reducing the non-value adding wastes.” ~ Taiichi Ohno, father of Toyota Production System (TPS).
- “Every breakthrough business idea begins with solving a common problem. The bigger the problem, the bigger the opportunity. I discovered a big one when I took apart an IBM PC. I made two interesting discoveries: The components were all manufactured by other companies, and the system that retailed for $3,000 cost about $600 in parts.” ~ Michael Dell, founder of Dell Computer. Supply Chain Expert.
- “If your supply chain runs without many problems you either have a great supply chain or running very fat.” ~ Dave Waters.
- “Supply chains are everywhere. From the biggest company in the world to running your household. We all have supply chain experience even if we don’t know it.” ~ Dave Waters.
- “Many of our best opportunities were created out of necessity. “ ~ Sam Walton, founder of Walmart.
- “Leaders win through logistics. Vision, sure. Strategy, yes. But when you go to war, you need to have both toilet paper and bullets at the right place at the right time. In other words, you must win through superior logistics.” ~ Tom Peters.
- “Eighty-five percent of the reasons for failure are deficiencies in the systems and process rather than the employee. The role of management is to change the process rather than badgering individuals to do better.” ~ W. Edwards Deming.