Communication techniques are critical to success in business and life. Concerned about an upcoming interview? Anxious about being asked to give your thoughts during a meeting? Fearful about needing to provide critical feedback in the moment? You are not alone! Learn and practice techniques that will help you speak spontaneously with greater confidence and clarity, regardless of content and context.
- “The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” ~ George Bernard Shaw
- “Speak when you are angry — and you’ll make the best speech you’ll ever regret.” ~ Laurence Peters
- “When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen.” ~ Ernest Hemingway
- “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” ~ Plato
- “The most important things are the hardest to say, because words diminish them.” ~ Stephen King
- “The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn’t said.” ~ Peter Drucker
- “You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.” ~ Steve Jobs, co-founder Apple Inc.
- “Our best ideas come from clerks and stockboys.” ~ Sam Walton, founder of Walmart