IKEA Supply Chain Innovation
IKEA supply chain innovation is a key reason IKEA has been so successful. The first time I went into IKEA I thought it was just an amazing store with amazing products. I can remember going up the escalator at the IKEA in California making reference it was like Disneyland. And yes, I did get made fun of. The person I was with did not think it was Disneyland.
Supply Chain and Leadership Resources.
- Amazon tour: What happens after you place that order.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook, Supply Chain Expert.
- Apple Steve Jobs The Crazy Ones.
- Best supply chain companies to research.
- Book Reviews: “Made in America” by Sam Walton, founder of Walmart.
- Deep Learning: Big Data Intelligence.
- Dilbert Lean Six Sigma.
- How Apple’s Inventory Management is So Lean.
- How to Get a Job in Supply Chain Management.
- IKEA Supply Chain Innovation.
- Omnichannel Retailing | The Digital Store of the Future.
- Supply Chain Information and Resources.
- What is Supply Chain Management, and should you major in it?
Ingvar Kamprad Quotes
- “I’m a bit tight with money, but so what? I look at the money I’m about to spend on myself and ask myself if IKEA’s customers can afford it… I could regularly travel first class, but having money in abundance doesn’t seem like a good reason to waste it.. If there is such a thing as good leadership, it is to give a good example. I have to do so for all the IKEA employees.” ~ Ingvar Kamprad, founder of IKEA.
- “I could have an office all to myself but since my collaborators don’t have one, then I too am contented to have a desk in a shared room.” ~ Ingvar Kamprad
- “The IKEA spirit is strong and living reality. Simplicity in our behavior gives us strength. Simplicity and humbleness characterize us in our relations with each others, our suppliers and our customers.” ~ Ingvar Kamprad
- “You can do so much in 10 minutes time. Ten minutes, once gone, are gone for good. Divide your life into 10-minute units and sacrifice as few of them as possible in meaningless activity.” ~ Ingvar Kamprad, Supply Chain Expert
“Making mistakes is the privilege of the active. It is always the mediocre people who are negative, who spend their time proving that they are not wrong.” ~Ingvar Kamprad
“If there is such a thing as good leadership, it is to give a good example. I have to do so for all the IKEA employees.” ~Ingvar Kamprad
“Waste of resources is a mortal sin at IKEA.” ~Ingvar Kamprad